New Year’s is one of my favorite holidays. It’s a night where glitter, party dresses, and sparkly drinks all around the world collide into one huge party. What’s not to love? The night also wouldn’t be complete without a festive headband! So before you head to your local party store for a holiday headgear, make your own headband no one else will have with this DIY!
- Plain Headbands
- Gold Ribbon
- Glitter Paint
- Gold Metallic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- 3 Wooden Stars
- Wooden Numbers
- Hot Glue gun
- Apply a small amount of hot glue to one end of the headband; firmly press an end of the ribbon onto the glue.
- Wrap the ribbon around the headband. I decided to cut a large portion of the ribbon from the spool so it’d be easier to wrap. Make sure to tug firmly each time you wrap it around the headband piece! You don’t want the ribbon to sag.
- When you reach the other end of the headband apply a small amount of hot glue and press the ribbon down firmly. Cut any excess ribbon.
You now have a makeshift halo to use on extra sassy days.
- Next, it’s time to paint the stars! Paint the front, back, and sides of each start using the metallic gold paint. One the gold is dry apply a few layers of the glitter paint. (I used Craft Smart Glitter Paint in “Champagne”-of course ;))
- Paint the numbers “2015” using the white paint. Once dry, apply a few layers of the glitter paint.
Once the paint is dry it’s time to put it all together! (I advise trying on your headband and marking where you want the stars to sit with a black marker before you start using glue on the headband.)
- Using the hot glue gun apply two generous dots of glue where the two bottom points of the star will sit on the headband and firmly place the star on. Hold in place until glue is set. Repeat for the other two stars.
- Glue the numbers in front of the stars using the hot glue gun.
- Wear your festive holiday headband to your favorite soirees! Don’t forget the champagne (or sparkling cider)! 😉
Hope all you dolls have a happy and safe New Year’s!! xoxo